Cutest Blog On The Block Background

2012-12-29

{digital} Project Life Supplies

I have decided to tackle Project Life for 2013. Huge commitment on my part. I have never finished a project like this before. In all honesty, I didn’t even finish December Daily. With that said, my Project Life might look different than your Project Life. That’s the point.

I have almost zero intention of doing my spreads weekly. Monthly might work better for me. We’ll see.

I’ve already started my January 1 – January 6 pages. Will show them off upon completion.

I thought for today, inspired by a conversation on Facebook, I would share the {digital} materials I plan to use and link them up for your shopping pleasure.

TEMPLATES

First and possibly most importantly – templates. I do not scrap without the use of templates. Why should I? Someone else has already done all the hard work for me!

march11byoc

alb_projectgrids_preview_templates

Yes, there is some overlap in the designs of the templates. Especially between Becky Higgins’ and Amy Martin’s sets. Becky’s have rounded corners while Amy’s do not. Amy’s messy stitches are awesome!

The templates from Traci Reed shake things up a bit and provide some alternatives – especially since we have a large number of big events coming up this year. I felt these templates would allow me to document those large events as their own spread.

The freedom of {digital} Project Life means I can do whatever I want. I’m not locked into a page layout for the following week because of the template/s I used the week before the way I would if I were doing this with physical products.

I plan to add my 12x12 layouts into my album. I will likely use a combination of 12x12 pages and the template with 4 squares (each square is roughly 6x6).

To Cover or Not to Cover

What do I mean? I mean using {digital} products to achieve the look of the actual physical Project Life products. The page protectors/dividers, etc.

I have a few options available to me in my stash should I chose that look. I think I will be skipping it though.

Why?

Because I do not have a wide range of {digital} page protectors available to me. I do not want to limit myself early in the project by deciding to use page protectors. I might add them periodically if I feel they really bring something to look of that week’s spread.

Journaling Cards

Journaling cards almost feel mandatory for this project. I have picked up a number of kits that contain them and some random freebies I’ve found.

Yes, I will be using them.

I also have in my stash some which I specifically purchased.

projectlife-preview

These are in my Wish List!

Why? Because it will give me the ability to use any kit I want to make my own Journaling Cards!

Variety is the spice of life… right?

Title & Filler Cards

I have been collecting these items from various sources. I have the ones in the Clementine Full Kit by Becky Higgins (linked above). I will probably make some of my own also.

Kits

Not sure how much kit usage I will get during this project. I am not going to limit myself here. I will use whatever kit I feel fits the mood for the week I’m working on.

I have a few favorite kits and I am also a subscriber to the Digi Game from The Daily Digi – so my stash is always growing. I’m also very likely to use new releases from Michelle Godin Designs since I am a member of her Creative Team.

I think this covers it. If I think of anything else or add anything to my regular {digital} Project Life materials stash I’ll post about it.

Now…

Get out there and Make Memories!!

No comments: