Cutest Blog On The Block Background

2010-09-21

Today is Peace Day

The Digital Celt: Peace One Day - and a freebie!: "On September 21st, people from all over the globe, people of all ages, races, sexes and faiths, commemorate Peace Day in many ways. What a..."

Thank you, Catriona for bringing this to my awareness.

I would like to share with you a Celtic Prayer for Peace from Carmina Gadelica.

Peace

Peace between neighbours,
Peace between kindred,
Peace between lovers,
In the love of the King of life.

Peace between person and person,
Peace between wife and husband,
Peace between woman and children,
The peace of Christ above all peace.

Thinking of peace, I always start singing the following hymn:

Make me a channel of your peace,
Where there is hatred let me bring your love,
Where there is injury your pardon Lord,
And where there's doubt true faith in you.
Make me a channel of your peace,
Where there's despair in life, let me bring hope,
Where there is darkness, only light,
And where there's sadness, ever joy.
O Master grant that I may never seek,
So much to be consoled as to console,
To be understood as to understand,
To be loved as to love with all my soul.
Make me a channel of your peace,
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
In giving to all men that we receive
And in dying that we are born to eternal life.
In fact, we sang this at the close of Mass this past Sunday. One of my favorite hymns. No surprise that I am drawn to it, Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta made this prayer of St. Francis part of The Missionaries of Charity's morning prayers.

So in honor of Peace One Day, I am going to pray for understanding between different religions and cultures.


No comments: