Cutest Blog On The Block Background

2011-01-31

2011-01 Round-Up: Thanks, Katie!

For a couple of years now, I have been intrigued by Katie The Scrapbook Lady and her monthly Round-Ups. How can she possibly have time to do this? How will I have the time to do this? Will I remember everything? Oh how I let doubt fill my head!

No More. It stops. NOW!

Decided it was time to get more "organized" about my scrapbooking, or lack thereof. Maybe the Round-Ups will actually lead to more/better scrapbooking?!? We’ll see.

This is my first Round-Up... will think of name that is better suited to my family and myself, eventually. For now, I borrow a lot from Katie! Thanks!

Here are the questions Katie uses:

  1. What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
  2. What movies, television shows, plays, etc. did I watch this month?
  3. What fun things did I do with my family and/or friends?
  4. What gifts did I give and/or receive?
  5. What special or unusual purchases did I make?
  6. What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
  7. What were my accomplishments this month?
  8. What were my disappointments this month?
  9. How did I do on my goals for the month? (Or any current short or long term goals)
  10. Anything else noteworthy to include?

Let’s get on with the show!

1. What books and/or magazines did I read this month?

Unfortunately, the answer to that question depends on what you consider a book or a magazine. If you are talking about books and magazines for adult people, none. I read a couple of back issues of High5, an issue of Your Big Backyard, and assisted with the reading of Ranger Rick and National Geographic KIDS. Books? Lots of Clifford and Curious George – these two characters make almost daily appearances in our reading list. I have most of the books memorized. *yawn*

2. What movies, television shows, plays, etc. did I watch this month?

This question is much more interesting! Our family invested in NetFlix on the first of the year. As a result, we watched more movies than average. Ranging from Care Bears to intense dramas.

Titles of Note:

  • Julie & Julia
  • Return To Me

Patrick watched a lot of Comedy Central Presents type shows from NetFlix.

3. What fun things did I do with my family and/or friends?

January was actually a fairly quiet month in terms of being social. Our “Katie” had her third set of PE Tubes put into place on January 6. She turned 3 on January 12. We celebrated quietly at home with little fanfare. We’re gearing up for her big party later this year when she is officially “ours” (adoption) and we bring her into our Catholic Christian family officially through the Rite of Baptism.

4. What gifts did I give and/or receive?

A lot of gifts were received by “Katie” this month! Turning 3 was so much fun. She got some fun new clothes and a Disney Princesses book with a keyboard.

5. What special or unusual purchases did I make?

We got our NetFlix membership this month. Outside of that, nothing too special or unusual.

6. What illnesses or health concerns did I have?

“Katie” got her new PE Tubes, which ended some struggles with ear pain for her. Smile

Christopher suffered from a virus early in the month.

A few days later Nicholas had a mystery fever. He missed several days of school because the fever that had no other symptoms just wouldn’t stay gone.

This past week several of us have been plagued with head congestion, head and body aches, and just an overall feeling of ‘yuck’.

7. What were my accomplishments this month?

I think I’ll just skip this question this month. Not feeling very confident or satisfied with any thing in particular this month.

I did survive a surprise visit from the foster care worker!

8. What were my disappointments this month?

I will keep this section in my private journal. Not that I want to paint a perfect picture of my family or my life – but some things are just better kept private. Smile 

One that I can share – I did not scrap nearly as much as I wanted to.

Another I can share. PixelWorks retires from the digiscrap world effective today. I’ve been a member of her CT on and off since the beginning, even before the beginning. This will bring a new beginning of sorts for me. I wish Michelle all the best in her year of pursuing her creative dreams with the freedom of no deadlines!

9. How did I do on my goals for the month? (Or any current short or long term goals)

In the goal department, I fell far short of having and keeping my house company ready at all times. I’ll work on that again in February.

Patrick and I need to push for more pedal time in February. We are going on a 51 mile Bike Ride in May. Not sure if we’ll be ready.

10. Anything else noteworthy to include?

I think I discussed everything noteworthy in earlier sections. LOL Family life is sometimes quite boring.

Oh! I chose “Family” as my one little word for 2011. Here’s a graphic I made using various products by PixelWorks.

OLW_Family

I guess that will be all for the January 2011 Round-Up. My first one. Done! And it really wasn’t that bad!! Smile Might even make a draft for February so I can write as we go through the month.

No comments: